Pants Project!!!


So I have had these pants floating around my house
since my 17th birthday party it was a 70's theme party.
I will have to find a picture of the person wearing them! 
I kept them bc I knew they would come in handy one day
& bc I keep a lot of thing too many things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






















Now high waists have come back in style.....tho.......
my friend Heidi & I have been rocking a pair of high 
wasted original 70's bell bottoms since our friend Erika
pulled them out of a box in her basement to use for mud
sliding back in high school but that is a different story : )
So I remember these teal pants after seeing my friend
Waverly's cute outfit  last week bc her skirt was the same
color as these pants. I could not pull the pants off but.....
I could turn them in to shorts. 



















& that is just what I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used all the shorts in this past summers Urban Outfitters
catalog as an example and cut, sowed and ironed until
they were shorts that I can and will wear in public : )


















This is Waverly's skirt you can see other pictures @ Pitch & Roor
& below this are some shorts from the Urban catalog that I modeled
mine after... however I really want the orange ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love high wasted things bc you can wear them with a bathing suit or
bandeau top and not feel completely naked!!!!! I have about a million
bandeau tops and I never feel like its socially perceptible to wear them
Maryland is hot enough in the summer  but way to conservative !!!!!!!!
if only we all lived in an Urban Outfitters catalog world.....................
























Lucky for me I am low on shopping money$$
so it is forcing me get creative and actually finish 
projects I have wanted to do for years !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Pich and Roor said...

You're so adorable I love the shorts!! I'm so proud of you for doing all these posts :) Also thanks for the sweet little mention in your post <3 Do you have plans yet for this weekend or monday yet??

Post a Comment